Wednesday, June 17, 2009

3rd Ultrasound!



First off, sorry for slacking on my blog (not that I really think I have an audience out there!). I don't have any real excuse other than laziness. I will do my best in the future to keep up with my blog.
But on to more important stuff.....I had my 3rd ultrasound on Tuesday June 2, 2009. Actually, it was a NT Scan which is basically genetic testing. Unfortunately, Jason was not able to attend this ultrasound with me, he was working in Houston all week. When I got to the appointment I was immediately taken back to the examination room and the ultrasound was underway. I was shocked to see how fast our baby grew since the last ultrasound!! Little baby Jason was moving all around, waving his/her hands for us and even once looking directly into the ultrasound machine......so we got a full facial view!!

After waiting for what seemed like forever, the genetic testing results came back. I have a 1 in 10,000 chance of having a baby with down syndrome and a 1 in 10,000 chance of having a baby with Trisomy 18/13 (I am not really sure what that is) which is wonderful news!! So far so good!!

No comments: