Friday, July 31, 2009
I ended up calling my doctor and I told them my concerns about not feeling the baby. They were VERY understanding and told me to come in right away. Once I got there, they immediately took me to the back where they weighed me (yikes!), took my blood pressure and tested my proteins. Next I heard the best sound in the world.....it was the baby's heart beating strong at 142 beats per minute!!! I almost lost it when I heard the "whoosh, whoosh". It was instant relief!! Needless to say, I was super embarrassed for my overreaction and apologized a million times to the doctor. She assured me that it was ok and she's glad she was able to ease my mind by having me come in.
I guess this is just a glimpse of what's yet to come.......I will be the stereotypical first time crazy mom!!
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
What's great about these blinds (other than the price) is they can be cut to a custom size while you shop!
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Total weight gain/loss: I think I am at 9 lbs. Although, I haven't weighed myself in a few days.....I'm scared!
Maternity clothes? Yep, I have decided not to buy anymore unless I am forced to
Stretch marks? I think I am getting a few more on my hips :( I'm sad because I still have at least 15 more lbs to gain. Jason has told me after everything is said and done, I can get the laser surgery for stretch marks.
Sleep: Good but I keep sleeping on my back which is not good!
Best moment this week: Feeling the baby. Everyday the connection I feel to the baby just gets stronger and stronger.
Food cravings: Italian subs and Italian Ice. Hmm, maybe I should move out of South Texas...
Gender: Good question
Labor Signs: Nope, not yet
Belly Button in or out? In
What I miss: Not being fat
What I am looking forward to: Seeing our baby
Weekly Wisdom: I am starting to really enjoy being pregnant. There is NOTHING else I would rather be doing
Friday, July 17, 2009
I was planning on splurging on a designer diaper bag but after the headache I am going through trying to find cheap window coverings I have reconsidered. This diaper bag will do just fine!!
This is the stroller/car seat combo we are considering:
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
I have been talking with Jason regarding the quotes and surprisingly he is entertaining the idea of custom shutters. I guess you can say our little baby has already found a place in his heart!! I would be willing to bet that if I brought up the idea of custom shutters pre-pregnancy, it would have been a definite "NO" from him! Ahh, I guess this is just a glimpse of what is yet to come - our baby will be spoiled!!
Monday, July 13, 2009
Total weight gain/loss: I am still up 8 lbs (well 8.8 but I am not ready to say 9 lbs yet!!)
Maternity clothes? Sigh, I think I am starting to grow out of some of my pants already :(
Stretch marks? Just the one I found last week. I haven't found any new ones THANK GOD!!!
Sleep: Sleep is good for the most part. I hate sleeping on my sides but there is not much I can do.
Best moment this week: Feeling that baby move more often
Food cravings: Italian Ice
Gender: Again, I really have no idea.
Labor Signs: No, thank goodness!
Belly Button in or out? In
What I miss: I miss having a cold beer on a Friday night!!
What I am looking forward to: Getting the baby's room done
Weekly Wisdom: Keep working out and get a jump on the decorating and renovations that need to take place before the baby arrives
Friday, July 10, 2009
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
- I can no longer sleep on my belly. It feels like a water balloon is about to pop in my stomach if I do so.
- I can no longer sleep on my back. The pressure I feel from lying on my back is unbearable.
- Sleeping on my sides are a pain in the ass. Every morning when I wake up my hips are sore.
- The hair on my legs is growing 75% faster than my pre-pregnancy days.
- I think my ass is growing at a faster rate than my belly......which is not good - the baby is not in my butt!!
- I am giving Dolly Parton a run for her money......my boobs are getting enormous! I have noticed creepy men checking out my chest now.
- My fingers now resemble sausages. It won't be too much longer before I can't wear my wedding rings.
- I think I am getting a ::gasp:: stretch mark on my hip. Say it isn't so!!!
- I can't stay awake later than 8:30 on a weeknight or a weekend.
- I eat like a pig.
- I don't work out. Although I am doing my best to start up again.
- I can't walk as fast as I once did.
- I now lie in bed wondering how I am going to pay for things.
- And lastly, I no longer drink anything but water. My Saturday nights are not as eventful as they once were!
As you can see, big changes have been made in my life. Some good and some not so good!! Even with the bad, I wouldn't trade anything for this experience!! I am so excited to meet the little one growing inside me that has already turned my life upside down!
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
This week the baby's skeleton is hardening, changing from rubbery cartilage to bone, and fat is finally accumulating around it. The umbilical cord is getting thicker and stronger, and those little fingers and toes are now topped by one-of-a-kind prints. Your baby weighs 5 ounces now and is around 5 inches long from head to bottom. He/she can move his/her joints, and his/her sweat glands are starting to develop.
Monday, July 6, 2009
Total weight gain/loss: I am up 8 lbs....yikes!! I have vowed to start exercising this week
Maternity clothes? Yep, I think my wardrobe is now complete
Stretch marks? I *think* I am starting to get some on my hips :( Again, I plan to start exercising this week to help prevent them
Sleep: I have slept good this past week
Best moment this week: Hearing the baby's heartbeat at 154
Food cravings: Hmm, not too much these days
Gender: This week I am kinda wishing for a little girl.....but I would love to have a little boy too!
Labor Signs: Nope!
Belly Button in or out? In
What I miss: Sleeping on my back or my stomach
What I am looking forward to: Confidence that what I am feeling is indeed the baby moving
Weekly Wisdom: Start working out. What I do now will only make my life easier in the end!!
Thursday, July 2, 2009
- Baby Jason's due date of December 12 is the 346 day of the year and 19 days are remaining in the year
- Baby Jason's birthstone will be the Blue Topaz
- Baby Jason's sign will be Sagittarius
- Baby Jason will be born in the Chinese Year of the Ox
- Baby Jason will start Kindergarten in 2015
- Baby Jason will be able to get his/her drivers license in 2025 (YIKES!)
- Baby Jason will graduate High School in 2028
- Baby Jason will graduate College in 2032
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
I was able to hear the baby's heartbeat, it measured at 154 beats per minute. It's such a relief when I hear the gentle whosh, whosh sound from the doctor's doppler!!! Nothing important happened at this appointment but I did schedule my big 20 week ultrasound. It will be Thursday, August 6th. This is the ultrasound where we will be able to find out the sex but since we have opted not to find out we will just get to see our sweet baby once again. I am kinda sad to know that will be my last ultrasound. We will have to go 20 weeks without seeing the baby before we meet the baby on his/her birthday in December!!!