Wednesday, October 21, 2009
The baby is progressing normally and had a steady heartbeat at 149 BPM. During my exam, the doctor had me place my hand on my lower abdomen and press down. I was relieved to know that the hard thing I was pressing on was the baby's head! I asked about the odds of the baby flipping at this point in my pregnancy and the doctor informed me that it's unlikely the baby will be breech or transverse. Yay! One less obstacle to a vaginal childbirth! I have had nightmares about having a c-section (well, to be fair I have also had nightmares about a vaginal delivery but the recovery time is much less!). Fingers crossed that 4 lb. Baby Jason stays head down!
Although, this calculator could be a load of crap too. My parents, who both have brown eyes, have a son (my brother) who has blue eyes. The odds of that happening were 9%. So my baby's 33.3% chance of having blue or green eyes is looking much better!
Total weight gain/loss: Up 31 lbs. But once the baby is born I can just divide my weight by two, right?
Maternity clothes? I am sooo sick of wearing the same three outfits over and over
Stretch Marks: Still on my right hip. Knock on wood I don't develop any more!
Sleep: Good, considering I am 8 months pregnant
Best moment this week: Getting the baby's car seat. Thanks mom!
Food cravings: Still Dr. Pepper
Gender: Hmmm, today I think it's a girl?
Labor Signs: Nope
Button in or out? In for now
What I miss: Having a bigger wardrobe
Weekly Wisdom: Be thankful that I am healthy and so is the baby
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Total weight gain/loss: Up 29 lbs....I am sad to say I had another bad week when it comes to weight gain :(
Maternity clothes? I hate my maternity clothes
Stretch Marks: Just on my right hip and a few on my butt
Sleep: I miss normal people sleep. It will be years before I know what that feels like
Best moment this week: Feeling my first round of hiccups from the baby. It was a weird sensation to feel them in my butt! I should view that as a good sign that the baby is head down!
Food cravings: Anything that has sugar (which explains my weight gain)
Gender: Oh gosh, I can't make up my mind now.
Labor Signs: No, hopefully I have a while before I have any
Button in or out? In, although I don't think for much longer
What I miss: Normal size feet and ankles
Weekly Wisdom: I will appreciate my non-pregnant body so much more after the baby is here! I hate to complain but I am starting to get pretty uncomfortable these days!
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Oh well, I guess I will have to wait one more week until I go to the doctor. Let the countdown begin!!
Monday, October 12, 2009
Right now we have up three four foot panels of bead board up and one piece of crown molding incorrectly cut. If it weren't for the liquid nails we used to install the bead board I would be tempted to throw in the towel and forgo the bead board idea. However, once we applied the liquid nails to the wall we were committed to finishing the project! I'm afraid that once everything is said and done the bead board will look like Jason and I installed it ourselves......aka - GHETTO. I find myself wondering what were we thinking??! It's obvious that Jason and I shouldn't quit our day jobs and become carpenters! I'm trying to talk Jason into hiring someone to complete our mess, I mean project, but he is not on board with that idea. While it's not impossible to install bead board or crown molding yourself, it is one huge headache that I rather someone else deal with. Plus I am not much help seven and a half months pregnant. Ahh, I will be relieved once we are complete with the nursery!
Thursday, October 8, 2009
This costume is adorable! I think it is my favorite of the four. It can be purchased from SpiritHalloween.com for $39.99
I thought this costume was cute but I have a feeling that next year, my 10 month old child will refuse to wear anything that swaddles him/her! That's too bad because my little dog has a hot dog suit as well.......they could be twins! It can be purchased at Target.com for $16.99 (which is also where I purchased my dog's hot dog suit).
I love this costume! However, if I have a little boy the bunny suit might not be gender appropriate. It can be purchased for $44.60 at 1PartySuppliesandFavors.com
This costume can be purchased at Nordstrom.com for $49.99. This costume reminds me of a trip I took to New York City when I was a kid. My mom refused to buy me a bubble bee suit from Macy's that I thought I just had to have. I am still upset to this day you never bought me the bubble bee suit Mom!!
I am soooo looking forward to Halloween shopping next year!! I am going to enjoy dressing my child up like a Barbie Doll before they develop their independence and no longer let me pick their outfit. But then again, if our kid is anything like my husband, I have a feeling the baby will refuse to go along with the plan and end up naked!
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Total weight gain/loss: Up 26 lbs
Maternity clothes? Yes, and I am tired of them already!
Stretch Marks: On my right hip and I think I am starting get get some more on my butt :(
Sleep: Better this week
Best moment this week: Finding good deals on baby items at Ross. However, we still have a TON of stuff to buy! Also, I heard the baby's heartbeat at 150 beats per minute.
Food cravings: I REALLY want a pumpkin muffin from Panera. Sadly, there are no Panera's any where in South Texas
Gender: I still think it's a girl
Labor Signs: Thankfully no!
Button in or out? In
What I miss: My range of motion. I feel like an elderly woman!
Weekly Wisdom: I know without a doubt I will do what is best for the baby. Nothing else will come before the baby's best interest.
Friday, October 2, 2009
But seeing this pictures does make me happy. September 15, 2009 was the happiest day of my life, it could have been any more perfect!
Thursday, October 1, 2009
- I didn't know my ankles and feet would swell to a freakish size. At this point, it maybe more profitable to quit my job and tour with the circus. I never thought I would see the day where my toes have fat rolls. I am waiting for stretch marks to appear on my feet.....seriously
- I didn't know that I would grow hair everywhere on my body. If only I could transfer my special hair growing powers to my husband, then he might have a full head of hair.
- I didn't know that people would lose all tact when commenting on my pregnancy. I thought I was going to hurt the guy behind me at Walmart who insisted I needed a second opinion because he was sure I was having triplets. At that point I was only 24 weeks into my pregnancy. I hope I don't run into him at week 39.
- I didn't know I could love someone so much who I never met. This child has changed me into a better person but also a more insecure person. At night, I have nightmares that I won't be a good mother.
- I didn't know that I could be such a planner. My carefree (aka irresponsible) life has now been replaced by lists and budgets. I lie awake in bed wondering how we are going to pay for our child's college. Oh my God, I have turned into my parents (well maybe not my mom regarding the budget part!).
- I didn't know I could cry over a commercial. I have lost it a time or two on a commercial that has featured a new born baby.
- I didn't know I would have a stuffy nose my whole pregnancy. I blow my nose at least 5 times a day.
- I didn't know that I would be so content gaining 25 lbs in 7.5 months. I am proud to gain the weight if that means the baby is healthy. However, under normal circumstances I would totally be freaking out and hitting the treadmill.
- I didn't know that "nesting" would start so early in pregnancy. I keep telling myself the baby will not inspect the closets or the dust in the cabinets upon his/her arrival. But I have become adamant that everything be just right for when we bring the baby home.
- I didn't know that buying baby products could be so overwhelming! Wow, it's amazing how many options of bottles, breast pumps, wipe warmers, etc. there are out there.
- I didn't know how unaware of my belly I would be. I notice when I open the refrigerator that my belly gets in the way (hmmm, maybe that is a sign I should close the door!). Also, a few times I have tried to squeeze in between two people and I end up bumping off one person and into the other like a ping pong ball.......so much for grace!
This pregnancy has opened my eyes to a completely different viewpoint on life than I had 7.5 months ago. It will be interesting to see how much my viewpoint changes over the upcoming 7.5 months!! I bet it will be a REAL eye opening experience!!