Friday, April 24, 2009

I think they are on to us......

Every since Jason and I were married we have been getting peppered with questions and comments like "when are you two having a baby" and "you know, your not getting any younger, your biological clock is ticking". My typical response three weeks ago (before finding out I was pregnant) was an uncomfortable giggle and usually something along the lines of "not any time in the near future". But since finding out I am going to be a mom, I haven't told any of my friends. Only my parents and Jason parents know our little secret. Lately, I have been asking my friends who have kids, questions that hint to the fact that there is a bun in the oven. At the time, I honestly think I am being discreet with my questions. Hind sight being 20/20 I guess I am a bit obvious. Maybe it was a red flag when I asked which breast pump they would recommend!! Also, I have had to soften up my responses to the baby questions that we have gotten over the last three weeks. I have a feeling that a few of our friends are on to us. I am waiting for the day when the light goes on in their heads and their realize we are expecting. I waiting for the question (although worded more like a statement) "you two are having a baby, aren't you??!" Those words will stop me dead in my tracks, like a deer in the headlights. Ahh, I can't not wait until we are out of the first trimester to let the cat out of the bag. Then I won't have to play this silly charade that I am not pregnant

No comments: