Monday, April 6, 2009

So, I guess I am going to be a mom!!

Sunday April 5th, 2009 was an eventful day to say the least. It was filled with many emotions. The night before Jason and I were out with friends and I kept telling him “I don’t feel good, some thing's not right with me. I think I might throw up.” We came home early that night due to my ill feelings. The following morning I decided to take the one pregnancy test I had stored under our bathroom sink. Like every other time I have taken a pregnancy test, I was expecting to see a negative sign. I didn’t even have the time to put the test down before a positive sign came up!! I think at that instant my brain stopped processing information. In total disbelief, I fished the E.P.T. box out of the trash to verify that a plus really meant a plus!! Sure enough, I was pregnant! I grabbed the test and took off running to tell Jason the good news. He was outside with the dogs and I yelled for him to come inside. I could tell he was annoyed that I made him walk all of 25 feet to get inside. Once he was close enough I showed him the test and told him I was pregnant. His demeanor quickly changed and his response was “good, let's hope it's a boy” and then he gave me a huge smile. In true Jason style, he did ask if it was his.

About 5 minutes later I decided that Jason should take me out to El Tapatio for a breakfast taco. We didn’t speak much at breakfast. I think he mentioned we need to start researching daycares and I mentioned that I didn’t want to know the sex of the baby. We were in a daze of our own thoughts, fears and emotions.

On Monday I called the Doctors office to set up my first appointment. I will be seeing Dr. Shoemaker at 10:30 on Thursday. I am anxious and excited at the same time! I can’t wait for verification from the doctor that every thing's ok.

No comments: