Thursday, August 6, 2009

I Had my 4th and Final Ultrasound Today.....

It was bittersweet to have my final ultrasound today. I was excited to see my baby once again but I also was sad to know that was my last peek at the baby until it's birthday. The ultrasound lasted for a total of 23 minutes but it was the best 23 minutes of my day! Jason and I were able to see our little one yawning and waving for the camera. The baby wasn't too active and the ultrasound tech mentioned that he/she was probably falling in and out of sleep. I am proud to say that our baby is growing, and as of today weighed 15 oz., just shy of 1 lbs.

For those of you who were waiting to hear the sex of the baby, you will have to wait a little while longer!! Jason and I didn't find out the sex. I am somewhat surprised we had the willpower to stay strong!!

After my ultrasound Jason and I meet with my doctor, Dr. Shoemaker. He assured me that my pregnancy is progressing as expected and I am right on track. I feel really comfortable with my doctor. He is great at putting my concerns at ease.

As I was pulling out of the parking lot I couldn't help but feel complete joy. It would be great if I could visit the doctor everyday and experience the euphoric high I get from the reassurance that things are on track. I then had to laugh to myself, pre-pregnancy I couldn't think of anything worse that having to visit my OB-GYN. Funny how things change.....

Here is some pics from my ultrasound. The first picture is the bottom of the baby's foot. It you look closely, five toes can be made out. The second picture is the profile of our beautiful baby!!

No comments: