Thursday, October 1, 2009

Things I didn't know prior to pregnancy!

There are many things that have occurred over the course of this pregnancy that I was unaware would happen 7.5 months ago. Here's a list of a few things that pop into my head:
  • I didn't know my ankles and feet would swell to a freakish size. At this point, it maybe more profitable to quit my job and tour with the circus. I never thought I would see the day where my toes have fat rolls. I am waiting for stretch marks to appear on my feet.....seriously
  • I didn't know that I would grow hair everywhere on my body. If only I could transfer my special hair growing powers to my husband, then he might have a full head of hair.
  • I didn't know that people would lose all tact when commenting on my pregnancy. I thought I was going to hurt the guy behind me at Walmart who insisted I needed a second opinion because he was sure I was having triplets. At that point I was only 24 weeks into my pregnancy. I hope I don't run into him at week 39.
  • I didn't know I could love someone so much who I never met. This child has changed me into a better person but also a more insecure person. At night, I have nightmares that I won't be a good mother.
  • I didn't know that I could be such a planner. My carefree (aka irresponsible) life has now been replaced by lists and budgets. I lie awake in bed wondering how we are going to pay for our child's college. Oh my God, I have turned into my parents (well maybe not my mom regarding the budget part!).
  • I didn't know I could cry over a commercial. I have lost it a time or two on a commercial that has featured a new born baby.
  • I didn't know I would have a stuffy nose my whole pregnancy. I blow my nose at least 5 times a day.
  • I didn't know that I would be so content gaining 25 lbs in 7.5 months. I am proud to gain the weight if that means the baby is healthy. However, under normal circumstances I would totally be freaking out and hitting the treadmill.
  • I didn't know that "nesting" would start so early in pregnancy. I keep telling myself the baby will not inspect the closets or the dust in the cabinets upon his/her arrival. But I have become adamant that everything be just right for when we bring the baby home.
  • I didn't know that buying baby products could be so overwhelming! Wow, it's amazing how many options of bottles, breast pumps, wipe warmers, etc. there are out there.
  • I didn't know how unaware of my belly I would be. I notice when I open the refrigerator that my belly gets in the way (hmmm, maybe that is a sign I should close the door!). Also, a few times I have tried to squeeze in between two people and I end up bumping off one person and into the other like a ping pong ball.......so much for grace!

This pregnancy has opened my eyes to a completely different viewpoint on life than I had 7.5 months ago. It will be interesting to see how much my viewpoint changes over the upcoming 7.5 months!! I bet it will be a REAL eye opening experience!!

No comments: