Monday, October 12, 2009

Did we bite off more than we can chew?!

This weekend Jason and I headed to Lowes to purchase the supplies needed to install the bead board and crown molding in the baby's room. I knew the project would be time consuming but I didn't realize what a PITA it would be! FYI - it is much harder than it looks!!

Right now we have up three four foot panels of bead board up and one piece of crown molding incorrectly cut. If it weren't for the liquid nails we used to install the bead board I would be tempted to throw in the towel and forgo the bead board idea. However, once we applied the liquid nails to the wall we were committed to finishing the project! I'm afraid that once everything is said and done the bead board will look like Jason and I installed it ourselves......aka - GHETTO. I find myself wondering what were we thinking??! It's obvious that Jason and I shouldn't quit our day jobs and become carpenters! I'm trying to talk Jason into hiring someone to complete our mess, I mean project, but he is not on board with that idea. While it's not impossible to install bead board or crown molding yourself, it is one huge headache that I rather someone else deal with. Plus I am not much help seven and a half months pregnant. Ahh, I will be relieved once we are complete with the nursery!

Anyway, here are some pics of the nursery before the bead board and crown molding. Please don't mind the painters tape that is still up or the lack of a mattress in the crib. I am happy to say we have since taken down the tape and purchased a mattress! Also, I have purchased another lamp shade for the lamp (I hated the one that came with the lamp) and I plan on painting the pedestal table white. I will be sure to post pics of the nursery after the bead board and crown molding is installed........but at the rate we are going that might be in a few years! I do promise that once everything is said and done the room will look much better than it does in these pics!





No comments: