Friday, July 31, 2009

It's Offical.....I am a Crazy First Time Mom!

On Tuesday of this week I began to worry because I hadn't felt the baby move much. Initially I wasn't too alarmed. I read in my "What to Expect When Expecting" book that not feeling consistent movement before the 24th week is completely normal. However, I began reading various websites and began self diagnosis......which is never a good idea. I got myself so worked up that something terrible had gone wrong that my rationalization skills went out the window.

I ended up calling my doctor and I told them my concerns about not feeling the baby. They were VERY understanding and told me to come in right away. Once I got there, they immediately took me to the back where they weighed me (yikes!), took my blood pressure and tested my proteins. Next I heard the best sound in the world.....it was the baby's heart beating strong at 142 beats per minute!!! I almost lost it when I heard the "whoosh, whoosh". It was instant relief!! Needless to say, I was super embarrassed for my overreaction and apologized a million times to the doctor. She assured me that it was ok and she's glad she was able to ease my mind by having me come in.

I guess this is just a glimpse of what's yet to come.......I will be the stereotypical first time crazy mom!!

No comments: