Thursday, November 19, 2009

37 Week Doctors Appointment

I just got back from my 37 week doctors appointment (well, 36 weeks and 5 days) and they informed me they may want to induce me at 38 weeks if my cervix is ready. The doctor did say that they definitely won't let me go past my due date. Apparently, the baby is measuring big and it might be best to help move things along.

Stupid me didn't realize that 38 weeks is next week! It wasn't until I got in the car to call my mom that she reminded me I am 37 weeks pregnant right now.......which means next week I will be 38 weeks pregnant. That news flash hit me like a brick wall! Holy crap, I could have a baby as early as next week!! I don't want to get my hopes up, but it would be perfect timing to have the baby next week when both my parents and Jason's parents are in town for Thanksgiving.

I also spoke with my doctor regarding my birth plan. I told her I am not 100% sure I want an epidural. I want to keep an open mind and prepare myself for a natural child birth. I figure that way I will be mentally prepared if God forbid the epidural doesn't work or I am too far along in my labor to receive one. My doctor did mention that the epidurals administered at my hospital are given in small doses so I will have the ability to respond to what my body is telling me (i.e. - PUSH!!).

I will know more at my next appointment which is next Wednesday.........HOLY CRAP!!

No comments: