Thursday, November 12, 2009

Exactly 1 month to go!

Today is November 12 and the baby's estimated due date is December 12......wow, time has flown by! I can't believe that I am four weeks out from my due date. It seems like last week I just found out I was pregnant. I am confident we are ready for the baby (well, as ready as we will ever be). We have bought all the essential items for the baby including a breast pump, a car seat, a crib, a pack n' play and some clothes. After today I think I will officially be done with the baby's room! I just need to paint the bead board that we had professionally installed (I finally got Jason to cave and hire help!).

As anxious as I am to meet the baby part of me is already missing being pregnant. I know it sounds crazy, as most women complain non-stop while being pregnant. Yes, I am uncomfortable with my swelling, weight gain and frequent stops at the bathroom but knowing that our baby is safe and sound in my body gives me a sense of contentment. As long as the both the baby and I are healthy then I feel I have no reason to complain.

I will miss feeling the baby move in my belly. It never fails, I could be completely annoyed by someone at work or from a driver who cut me off but as soon as I feel the baby wiggle a sense of calmness comes over me. It's like a gentle reminder not to sweat the small stuff!

No comments: