Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Dear Macy,

You are just over three months old today and I couldn't be more in love with you than I am now. I am amazed with you everyday and my life is more complete because you are in it. I can't believe I am lucky enough to be your mom.

You have just discovered your voice and like to babble, especially when we are in the car. Unlike your mom, you love to do sit ups. Sometimes you get fussy if I stop our sit up session too soon. If you are on my lap you like to be facing forward so you can see the world. You are very alert. You love to be outside in the sun and have the wind blow through your hair. Your favorite thing is to go for walks in your stroller. You are always so happy in the mornings. It's wonderful to start my day with your smiles. You love your baths but you always cry afterwards. It never fails. Once you get worked up it's hard to calm you back down. But once you do you are back to smiles. You love to suck on your thumb and right now that's the thing that soothes you the best. You are a happy baby. You wake up a few times at night, but once you eat you quickly fall asleep. You are still breastfeeding but more and more you prefer the bottle. You can still wear 0-3 month clothes but 3-6 months fits you the best. You love to get your diaper changed. That's when you are the most animated. You sleep in the bed with me and like to cuddle at night. You weighed 11 lbs 11 oz at your three month weight check.

I love being your mom and I promise to always do my best raising you. I might not always make the right decision but I will always do what I think is best for you. You will always come first in my life. I will try to give you the best possible life I can. I want you to experience things I never did.

I hope you are successful in life and in anything you do. I hope you never settle for anything but the best because that's what you deserve. I hope you are better than me. I hope you set your sights high and not let anything get in the way of achieving your goals. I know I will do everything in my power to help you reach those goals. But most of all I hope you're happy. That's the one thing I wish the most for you.

These last three months have been the happiest three months of my life. I am looking forward to what the future brings us. I love you so much.

Love,

Your mom

No comments: