Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I hate to admit this....

I hate to admit this but I am still wearing my maternity clothes 10 weeks post partum. I'm beginning to think I'll never fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes. I have lost the majority of my pregnancy weight, but my body doesn't resemble its old self in any way, shape or form. I gained a total of 60 lbs when I was pregnant and I have since lost a total of 54 lbs. My weight loss sounds impressive but I have a long way to go before I can wear any of my old shorts or spaghetti strap tank tops. I think bikinis are a thing of the past.

I look alright with a long sleeved shirt and pants on. Good thing it's winter. It's when I take off my clothes it's scary. I definitely have a cellulite problem. Don't let me fool you, I have always had a cellulite problem but now it's out of control. My stomach has the consistency of a bowl of mashed potatoes. No rock hard abs for me. My thighs are a little on the lumpy side.....they have the consistency of a bowl of lumpy mashed potatoes.

I am 28, about to turn 29 so I can't kid myself thinking I should have the body of a 19 year old. I'm not a young little thing anymore. But I can't believe that I've resorted to wearing mom jeans. Yes, as I sit here typing I am wearing a pair of mom jeans. I have on a pair of Gloria Vanderbilt jeans that my mom picked up from Costco for $10.99. They come up past my rib cage. Seriously, they sit a good inch and a half up from my belly button. Apparently, style was the first thing to go when I became a mom. But man, they are comfortable. I guess I should be happy they aren't maternity pants. I only own three pair of pants that I can squeeze into that aren't made for pregnant ladies. I had to break down and buy new pants before I came back to work. The only thing is they're 3 sizes bigger than my pre-pregnancy pants and come up to my chest.

1 comment:

carina said...

Hi,

You have a nice blog. A 40-week pregnancy is really just a blip in our whole life time, but the problem with clothing during that time is very painful. Keeping this in mind, two best friends and mother of two children each started http://www.bellybundles.com. We have high quality maternity clothes there and we would like to hear your feedback on our products.

Thanks,
Carina - Maternity clothing