Friday, February 26, 2010

I now understand unconditional love

I look at this picture and wonder if I knew what life had in store for me. Did I know that 2.5 years later I would give birth to a beautiful baby girl? Did I know that the focus of my whole world would change? Would I understand the depths that I could love someone else?

No. At the time I wasn't aware of the true meaning of unconditional love. Back then I put myself first, before anything else. I always knew I wanted kids but I was scared to have them. I was afraid that I would be forced to give up my sleep, my spare time and spare money. The thought of having someone else so depended on me was overwhelming. I felt like I would be tied down.

When Macy was born, I realized that all of my fears did come true. She is completely dependent on me, my sleep is interrupted, I have very little time to myself and all my spare money does go to her. All my needs take a backseat to Macy's. What I wasn't expecting is that I wouldn't mind having to change my priorities. I don't mind having to wake up with Macy at night. I love playing with her in the evening, even if the house is a little messy and needs to be tended to. I absolutely love shopping for Macy. There are so many adorable baby girl clothes out there and Macy has to have them all! I love all the responsibilities of being a mom.

I look at this picture and I am excited for all the things yet to come. I can't wait to see what the future has in store for us....


No comments: