Thursday, June 3, 2010

My Baby is STILL Sick!

Macy is still sick.  Ugh.  What a whirlwind the last few days have been.  I'm not the one who's sick but I still feel so far out of touch with the outside world.  My only focus the last few days has been caring for my little girl.  I didn't even know what day it was until I turned on the news this morning.  Holy crap!!  It's Thursday already??!

Poor little thing is still pooping like crazy.  It's heartbreaking seeing her like this.  Right before she dirties a diaper she looks at me with the saddest eyes and makes a frowny face.  Shortly there after I hear a mini explosion in her pants and know that it's time to change her.  Yesterday she had AT LEAST 20+ dirty diapers.

To top it all off she has a diaper rash.  

I was able to get her into the doctors yesterday afternoon.  Basically it's nothing more than a stomach virus and I just have to let it run it's course.  They did run a few tests and I should know more from them on Friday.  

But in good news, her fever has finally broken.  That's a sign that things are headed in the right direction.  Or at least I hope......

I really hate to complain while Macy is sick as a dog but I AM EXHAUSTED!!  I haven't got a good nights rest since this all started on Monday.  I am up at least 8 times a night changing Macy's diaper or feeding her.  Every chance I get I am shoving a bottle in her mouth because I don't want her to get dehydrated.........even at 3 AM when I am dead ass tired.  


And when Macy sleeps I still not able to.  Since she needs her mama's love so I have her sleeping in the bed with me.  And even when she is sick, sleeping with her is like sleeping with a Tasmanian Devil.  I think I got kicked in the ribs 5 times last night.  Let me tell you, getting woken up by a karate chop to the abdomen is not my ideal wake up call.


This is a time where I wished the Grandparents lived a little closer......just so I could take a nap.  And maybe clean my house.  Seriously, I took 2 days off from cleaning and it looks like a bomb when off in this place.

No comments: