Monday, June 28, 2010

I am Blessed.

While I might not have the the biggest house or a ton of money in the bank, none of those things matter.  I am blessed beyond measure.  Sometimes I forget to appreciate that.  Ugh.  I can get caught up in the little (albeit annoying) everyday trials.  And from time to time, I fixate on these things enough that they ruin my day, all the while ignoring the important things in life.

Last night at 2 AM I couldn't sleep so I decided to get up and search the internet.  I was completely expecting to waste my time on TMZ and read gossip about celebrities who have lost touch with all of reality.  Anyway, the world of celebrity gossip wasn't overly exciting so I just start searching random web pages.  I wasn't searching for anything in particular or worthwhile, I was just hoping I would tire myself out and eventually head back to bed.  But then I stumbled across this blog.  And it brought me to tears.  And I could not stop reading. 


If you have the time I recommend reading this woman's birth story of her second child.  This story touched me.  I hate to describe it as sad because it's far from that.  Maybe the word unexpected is more appropriate? And definitely beautiful.  I could picture myself in her shoes and it was heart wrenching.  It was the most honest story I have ever read and it changed my outlook on how I live my life.  I can't say that I can remember ever reading a story that affected me like this.  


It made me stop and think about my own life.  And I felt guilty for sometimes letting the insignificant, little things get in the way of appreciating how blessed I truly am.  I have a husband who loves me and who adores our daughter.  I have a baby who is happy and healthy.  We live comfortably and have all the tools for a happy life.  We just have to remember to stop and appreciate life.  And appreciate it often.  Because we only get one chance to live it.      


Since having Macy, I have learned to slow down and find joy in the most obvious places.  Like today, the sun was shining and the birds were singing.  Yes, it is 1 million degrees outside, but that didn't stop us lying in the yard and watching the clouds go by.  It was a beautiful day and fresh air never felt so good.  






No comments: