Wednesday, June 16, 2010

So now I know we are meant to be.

In case I had any questions that Jason wasn't Mr. Right, I now can't deny it.  We were totally meant to be.  And now I have proof.


Good thing......because we have a baby and all. 


Whew.


Today I was going through Macy's room and I came across a gift that was given to my mom when I was a baby almost 30 years ago.  The gift was from my Uncle Paul and Aunt Linda from Ohio and it was a bonnet that was to be used at my baptism and then later at my wedding as a handkerchief.  






Well, it wasn't wasn't used for either.  Apparently my mom misplaced it and didn't find it until last December when I was about to deliver Macy.  So she gave it to me for my baby.  Probably so I can misplace it and give it to Macy on the eve of her baby's birth.......gotta keep the tradition alive.  


Anyway, I found the box and I was showing Macy (you know, because I was running out of stuff to entertain her with so I made a game up out of cleaning out her closet.  Hey, I am desperate, and there are only so many things to keep a 6 month old entertained all day).  The lettering on the box is kinda hard to make out......well, because it's been 30 years......see for yourself:




Upon closer inspection, something caught my eye.  Something significant:




This handkerchief was made in Derry, New Hampshire.  That's the small town that my husband was born in.  I had to Google it, but in 2009 Derry's population was only 22,000 people.  


Kinda bizarre right?!  So either this is a HUGE coincidence or it's a sign that Jason and I were meant to be together and have a baby.  Ummm, I don't know about you but I think this TOTALLY means we're soul mates!  


And I will leave you with a picture of the child that was meant to be.  Isn't she just precious?








Note:  I am completely kidding with all of this.  Honestly, I don't need a handkerchief to validate my marriage.  But it does help.......kidding again.  


No comments: