Monday, May 3, 2010

Officially a SAHM!

I am officially a stay at home mom!  Today went great but I would be lying if I said I am not nervous that I might go bonkers.  I have decided to set up some ground rules in hopes that it makes my transition to a working mom to a stay at home mom go a little easier.

My rules of becoming a SAHM:

  1. I have decided that I am not going to turn the TV on until Jason gets home from work.  That way I won't get sucked into bad daytime TV.  I am the network's ideal viewer in that I can get sucked into TV rather easily.  I seriously could watch marathon reruns of the Kardashian's for days on end.........don't judge.  You could too, you just won't admit it.  But anyway, I don't know how realistic this rule is but I am hoping to keep it up so I don't turn into a couch potato.  
  2. I must wake up every day at 7AM and go to bed at a decent hour.  So far so good.  I keep having flash backs to my summer vacations in high school when I would manage to get myself out of bed.....oh....around 3 PM.  This is mostly because I went to bed around 5 AM because I was watching bad TV (now you know why I implemented the no TV rule).  If my parents knew I woke up at 3 PM they would have made me get a job so I was sure to play it off like I had been up all day.  Sneaky.  But this scheme would not go over well with an infant.......when Macy's not sleeping, nobody is sleeping.  It wouldn't be smart of me to stay up until 5 AM when she wakes up at 7 AM.  OMG, I couldn't imagine taking care of an infant on two hours of sleep.  nothankyou.    
  3. I must work out at least 3 times a week  ::sigh::  I am not off to a good start.  I decided to put it off today and "plan" on getting in all my work outs in later in the week.  Typical.  I am such a procrastinator. 
  4. I must get out of the house at least once a day.  If I don't, I am afraid that I will go stir-crazy.  So today we went shopping at Wal-Mart and I ran up to work....I mean my ex-work to finish up some last minute things.  
These are the rules I have set for myself so far.  I am hoping these rules will prevent me from going crazy.  While we might not live in the most exciting town (hello Ricardo, Texas population 700) I am determined to make the most of it.

I was hoping to include a pic of Macy and I on our first day at home together.  Unfortunately,  I recently bought a Mac computer and I have no idea how to add a picture I took from my cell phone :(  So until my dumbass can figure out this computer I might not being posting pics.  Seriously, is there a right click on this thing??


No comments: