Monday, May 24, 2010

Weight Loss Saga....

I've decided to give Weight Watchers another shot.  I want to drop this baby weight once and for all.  But, in the spirit of full disclosure I should confess that I really started last week and I fell off the wagon.  Ugh.  Predictable.  So my new official start date will be tomorrow.  Hopefully I will have more will power on round two.  Seriously, I'm tired of my squishy belly and a jiggly mom butt.  Gross. 


Really, I know I am hard on myself about dropping the baby weight.  Like, maybe too hard.  And I'm sure when people hear me complain about my weight issues they roll their eyes and tune me out.  And I'm sure they wish they could tell me to STFU.  The thing is, I'm not really "overweight" and considering the circumstances I should probably cut myself some slack.  But I don't want to.  I don't want to get comfortable with the additional 13 lbs of baby weight I can't seem to drop.  I have never been this big so it's like a foreign concept to me to be an "average" sized person.  I have ALWAYS been small and petite and it's kinda like part of my identity, ya know?  I don't feel comfortable with myself since having Macy.  And since I am not breast feeding anymore it's time to do something about it.  


To prove my point let me show you some pictures of me on my wedding day.  Plus I want to be an attention whore so indulge me:



This is me getting an AWESOME gift from my Husband.  I HAVE to tell you the story behind this another time.  It's classic.  This story is worthy of it's own blog post.  It was a gift that will never be forgotten!  


This is us walking down the aisle after saying "I Do".  We are both so blissfully happy.


This is and my Mama.



This is me with my new husband and family friends. 


Humph.  I wanna be skinny again  ::crosses arms and pouts::


And here's a picture of me from my BFF's wedding in March:





Blah.  Me no likey.  


So tonight I was sure to stuff my face with my favorite food; nachos and ice cream.  It will be awhile before I can eat garbage like that again.  I took full advantage of this one opportunity of a guilt free pig out session.  I feel justified because I know tomorrow at this time I'll be starving and contemplating eating off my arm.  


Wow, this comes off like I have a distorted body image and an eating disorder but I promise I don't.  Well, ok, maybe I have a distorted body image but I don't have an eating disorder.  Shoot, if I have a eating disorder I'm a failure.  

No comments: