Monday, April 26, 2010

I couldn't imagine if she were a boy.....

I say this all the time as if there is a big difference between boys and girls at 4 months.  ::rolls eyes at myself::  Other than the color of clothes there isn't much of a difference between girls and boys at this age.  Four month old boys do the exact same things as four month old girls, so it's not like I would treat them any differently, ya know?

Why does having a boy seem so foreign to me?  It's like in school when they told you that the Earth is 5 billion years old and it's impossible for your brain to process how long that actually is.  Yeah, having a boy is kinda like that for me.  But the funny thing is, when I was pregnant I was almost positive that Macy was a boy.  Having a girl just seemed out of the question for me.  I felt like I was destined to have my first born child be a son.  Yeah, proof right there why I shouldn't play the lottery.  I was shocked when I found out she was a girl in the delivery room.  But after that initial shock of having a girl wore off, I quickly embraced it and I haven't looked back since. 

I couldn't imagine life without her.  I couldn't imagine her not being....well.....her.  This just goes to show that some things in life can turn out better than your greatest expectations.  So for the next child, if it does end up being a boy, I am sure it will be better than I ever dreamt of......and I won't be able to imagine life without him!

Ok, since I hate reading blog posts without pictures I will leave you one of Macy.  Again the baby sitter took it and it's amazing!

No comments: