Wednesday, April 14, 2010

She's not a puppy....she's your baby

I have a problem. 

Whenever I speak about Macy's newborn days I ALWAYS start off by saying "When we first got Macy"........like she's a puppy we brought home from the pound.  Umm, she's my biological daughter so I should probably start my conversations with something along the lines of "When I first had Macy" or "When Macy was first born" like normal moms do.  So why do I keep speaking like I'm not her mother?! 

::blank stare::

::thinking::

I really have no idea why.  Most of the time I don't even notice until the person I am talking to makes a smart ass comment like "Hey, she's your daughter not something you picked up at the local Wal-Mart."  Ugh, yeah, I get it.  I am an idiot and I don't even notice.....

No comments: