Thursday, April 15, 2010

I Really Have it Easy!

Prior to having Macy, I envisioned that being a mom would entail sleepless nights for months on end, a messy house, frazzled nerves and unbrushed hair. But since having Macy none of that is true......well ok, my hair is something less than desired these days so my statement is not 100% true. But that has nothing to do with Macy. My hair looks like shit because I am too lazy to fix it or do anything about it.......but I digress.......

Anyway, life with a baby is much easier than I ever anticipated. 


I am beginning to think that for years my mom lied to me on how hard and exhausting motherhood can be.  I think she did this as her form of birth control.  It's like she was trying to scare me into not having children too young.  But guess what?!  Her strategy worked!  I was scared to death to have kids. 

I kid, I kid. 

While my mom did tell me kids are hard work I think it's Macy who makes it so easy for me.  She is a great baby.  I don't think I have ever seen a kid more happy than her.  She is full of smiles, all the time.  See for yourself.....




You like how I slipped in a picture of my adorable baby?!  Sorry, I just had to. 

She can entertain herself relatively easy.  She loves to watch tv.  I mean this kid REALLY loves the tv.  She also has a blast in her exersauser (which is the greatest invention ever BTW) which gives me a chance to make dinner and eat at night. 

A well feed mama = a happy mama. 

Also, bed time is a breeze. Literally, all I have to do is put her in her crib and she is out like a light. We have no struggles at bed time. And while she does wake up once a night to eat, she doesn't need to be held and her feeding takes no more than 5 minutes.  I enjoy my 8+ hours a night of sleep. 


A well rested mama = a happy mama.



After she falls asleep at 7:30 PM it gives me a chance to tidy up the house.  I am able to do the dishes, laundry and wash bottles all uninterrupted.  It's great.  I actually think our house is cleaner since she arrived.

A mama with a clean house = a happy mama.

So see, Macy is the one who makes it so easy.  I am blessed to have such a happy, healthy and content child.  I have to thank my lucky stars!!

But y'all know what's going to happen once I press the "publish" button on this post?!  Macy is going to turn into a total terror because I jinxed it.  So I guess I should add the disclaimer that about 2 days out of the week she does have a melt down.  Here's a picture of her having a meltdown.  See.....



And when she has her meltdowns it can be exhausting and I should probably invest in a pair of earplugs.  Once she gets herself worked up it is close to impossible to calm her back down.  She does it on her time and there is nothing you can do to soothe her.  The more you try to soothe her the more she gets pissed.  She is stubborn like her dad........ha!  Not like me because y'all know I am perfect and I am NEVER stubborn ;)  She also gets her farting skillz from her dad too. 

But even with her breakdowns and loud farts, I still consider myself lucky!

No comments: