Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Meet Sophie la Girafe

I have heard so much about Sophie the Giraffe, I broke down and bought one for Macy.  Sophie is a teething toy that many mothers swear by.  And once I saw a picture of Nicole Richie's daughter carrying Sophie I had to buy one because everyone knows celebrities are experts on the world and know more than us nice, normal people (this is dripping in sarcasm). 

No, seriously, I had to see what all the fuss was about. 

Sophie arrived about a week ago and Macy couldn't care less about the thing.  I was pissed because I just shelled out $22.50 for a glorified dog toy.  I was bound and determined to get her to like this stupid giraffe but Macy just wasn't interested. 

That is until yesterday. 

Yesterday evening Macy was fussing.  She wasn't really crying but it was more like a whine.  She didn't want to eat, she didn't need to be changed, she didn't want to be held, she didn't want to be left alone so I figured she is teething and just wants to whine.  Ok, fine.  Let me offer up Sophie one more time because I will get you to like this toy one way or the other.  What do you know, Macy wanted a make-out session with her friend Sophie.  That was the only thing that shut her up!  She chewed on Sophie for a good 30 minutes before bedtime. 

So I believe an apology is in order.....

Dear Sophie,

I am sorry I doubted you before.  You really are the greatest toy ever.  You gave me sanity last night by not having to listen to my daughter whine nonstop because she is teething.  So for this, I thank you. 

Sincerely,

A mom who's daughter is in love with a giraffe

No comments: